Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Last Two Days has been...

A hectic whirlwind!

We gained two new Littles on Tuesday! X and R so I am now watching four boys during the day and I am so happy for that! Boys are not as fragile as little girls and I don't have to worry as much about the boys getting to rough. It still happens of course but not as easily. My mornings now start at 6:20 with K getting here at 6:30, X and R get here in the afternoon and my day ends near 10:30 and them being picked up at about 9:30 then allowing time for cleaning for the next day. I am hoping by the end of the week my body has adjusted but in all honesty I don't see that happening since I have been watching K for a while now and am still not at all used to or a fan of getting up before 7 haha!


I can promise you that this blog is going to be quite long, but enjoyable!
 
 
Tuesday was basically a get used to each other type of day but that didn't stop the activities from rolling!
 
 
 
First thing we tore into was magnets. I know all three boys know the alphabet and numbers so I wanted to put them to the test by having them name off the letters or numbers they were putting onto the board. The best part about activities like this is that they don't even realize that we are "learning" they just think they are having an awesome time!

 I also had them use the magnets to show me how old they all were. This then turned into them trying to trick me by telling me that they were older or younger than they are! Silly Littles!

 Remember the slime I posted about in my DIY post? I pulled that out for them to kind of gauge their reactions to sticky consistencies on their hands really hoping that they weren't like Gage or the other Littles have been about things like this. These two are definitely 100% boy in all areas!
 They squealed with delight at the way it moved. The fact that if they held it up over their heads it would stretch down to the floor, they could mold it, make it into a ball that bounced. I know I have said this before, but I always love when things I make for the kids are thoroughly enjoyed. Especially this much! It is nice having a few older kids that Gage can communicate with.

 R stretching it out.


After that Gage wanted to show them the sensory mats. He kept telling X to jump from one to the other and I just love that I was able to catch him mid-jump!
 When the Littles do things like this K would rather just watch (that and he had just woke up from his nap!). He will usually sit back and giggle when they do something he finds amusing!
 Our final activity on Tuesday was music time. Gage pulled out all of his musical instruments and after a little bit of arguing between X and R over who wanted to use what, they all set to making very loud noises with their individual instruments.


 
 Wednesday:
 
When X and R got here on Wednesday we headed straight for the backyard because Momma and I wanted to get the pool set up and ready for this summer. In order to keep them occupied for a bit I filled the sand and water table with water and soap for them to play and explore in.
 The entire concept had them very excited. I pulled out some cups a few funnels and a lot of toy cars and they had races, car washes and all sorts of fun.
 
All the way up until I walked away for a minute or two and Gage thought it would be a fun idea to add a TON of dirt and rocks to the mix. The other boys were not very impressed by this and I had to dump out the bin. Water table time: OVER.




 
 Momma and I were finally able to get the pool up and running, with quite a bit of whining on the boys' end about being bored and wanting in the pool now. You know the typical things that young kids whine about! I am sure the wait was well worth it once they got in there. I warned them all it was going to be VERY cold but they didn't seem to care. Well R did he was not a fan of it at first but after a bit he played as well.


 They chased each other around, hopped all over and splashed a whole lot as well. But honestly would it be any fun for them if they didn't splash?

 Of course I had to get in with them, which resulted in my getting splashed and soaked as well.
 I brought our bath blocks out and showed them that they would stick to the walls of the pool. We had quite a bit of fun naming of shapes.

 Moon dough was quite a hit with them.

 After they asked repeatedly if they could use their hands, and me repeatedly answering of course, they began to mold balls out of it. Like always with these bins, no matter how many times I told them to keep it in the bin it ended up out of the bin and all over them. Go figure right?

 The fun ended when X was trying to get up and used the side of the bin as leverage. The WHOLE thing tipped onto him and the play mat! Everyone found it quite hilarious.
 Now this was one that I was so excited for! I believe I have posted about our glow bath before when I have done them with just Gage. I was so happy to finally be able to do it with more than just him. X and R were awestruck when they walked into the bathroom and saw the set up. They instantly wanted in!
 They painted, so excited that each of them had their own bowl of paint.

 And afterward they all wanted to show off their works of art to me. "Look at mine!" This was definitely a good time had by all of them and will be happening again!
 
 Our final activity was the light table. Gage and I haven't pulled it out in a while to play with and now that we have two new Littles who are actually here when it is dark out, I don't have to destroy my front room and try to black it out to do things like this anymore! So it is a win-win.


 They played with the treasure and the pirates.
 Filling up cups with "treasure" and then dumping it back out like they were rolling dice.
 You can see that they are intrigued and enjoying this that is for sure!

 
Like I said, the past two days have been quite the whirlwind! I would like to blog every night but by the time everyone has gone home, and we have cleaned the house we are exhausted and literally just crash out! There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day!
 
As always thanks for stopping by, to follow our activities daily and more frequently visit our page on Facebook and click that "LIKE" button.
 
 
If you would like to see where I get my inspiration from, follow my Pre-schooling board on Pinterest:
 
 
 
Until next time!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment